Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week of Oct 12-18

Training Summary:
~ A frustrating week of running. My knee hasn't really improved as the week progressed. I had hoped that I would be feeling better going into a week in Banff and then into the OT100, but I'm certainly feeling a little less than confident.

I've been seeing Greg Lehman. He feels that the knee irritation is triggered from my hip which makes sense as it tends to be tight from time to time. He found a reduced range of motion in my hip initially. Also found a pretty big imbalance in my right quad being considerably weaker compared to my left (this is also the foot that pronates more and has a bunion). He did ART and loosened up hip a lot. Gave me exercises to do, which were the ones I have always done to keep me healthy, but neglected since Haliburton and my build up to training again (Go figure...I'm stupid!). Also wants me to roll the hip a lot to keep it loose. He also taped my knee to allow better tracking and take some of the stress off my knee. Seemed in less pain after treatment/taping when doing a single leg squat. We'll hope for the best.

Total # of hours this week: 4:27
Total # of runs this week: 8
2009 total # of hours: 504:37
2009 total # of days: 297
2009 total # of runs: 378
Streak: 7236 days in a row
Training Log Details: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment