Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Week of November 16-22: Injury Status

My knee sort of hit a low point on the weekend. Just as is usually the case with injuries though, once you think it’s never going to get better you begin to get some encouraging signs. This was definitely the case once again with me over the past few days. I’ve stepped up the rehab exercises, stretching more, icing more, seeing Greg more often for treatments and trying to have a positive attitude.

I’m now on day 47 and beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The tough part will be staying the course and not jumping back into training too soon.

Summary:
Total # of hours this week: 2:20
Total # of runs this week: 7
2009 total # of hours: 526:27
2009 total # of days: 333
2009 total # of runs: 413
Streak: 7,271 days in a row
Training Log Details: click here

7 comments:

  1. Damn that sucks - do you know what the exact problem is?

    At least you have put your down time to good use - the new SHA web site looks great. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be so frustrating for you. Hope the knee keeps improving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The main problem is that my coach wasn't smart enough to prevent me from ramping back up too soon after Haliburton. I thought I could get right back to where I was without missing a beat. The pull of doing Ozark was just too great. Not smart.

    Most of it is irritation caused by poor tracking due to weak glutes and quads. Greg seemed to think it might be partially a nerve issue, but not sure on that one. Anyhow, I'm giving into it for now and just riding it out and looking forward to being 100% before increasing. It has been noticeably better lately which I'm thrilled about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I highly recommend aqua-running for such an injury. The fridgid lake water should do you some good also. Now get to it before it freezes over; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes EJ. Training and icing the knee at the same time. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shrinkage? An new URG topic? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. David, I love the Seinfeld references because I actually get them: ) the Punk stuff not so much. Poor George. Yes URG is slowly aquiring body parts... a nose, eyebrows and pupils so you never know what body part could pop up next; ) OK David you started it!

    ReplyDelete