Friday, April 24, 2009

Ron Hill

As you may know I have a running streak in that I haven't missed day of running since Dec 25, 1989. At 19+ years it's fun looking back in my training log and seeing the runs that I've done during that time. It's not always easy, but it is very rewarding just the same.

On that note, I find it amazing to think about the longest running streaker of them all...Ron Hill of England.

Ron Hill has run every day since Dec 20, 1964! At 70 years of age he is still running strong and continues to get out there each day for his runs. The other amazing thing about Ron Hill though is that he competed at the highest level when he was younger... running a 2:09 marathon, and winning the Boston Marathon and Commonwealth Games Marathon, just to name a few.

Here is an interesting article about him...


I guess I only have about another 25 years or so to catch up to his streak, but somehow I don't think he'll be stopping anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment