Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Finally!

Finally, things seem to be turning the corner for me!

After being sick with SJS since December 24, I started to notice some improvement on Monday. Mornings are still a bit of a challenge and I am a bit weak, but the past few days have been better.

On Tuesday, I was even able to join Sara for part of her tempo run on snowshoes. That felt really good. Not physically good, but mentally good to be out there running a little bit faster instead of the survival shuffle I have been doing recently. I was able to run with Sara for about 10 mins of her tempo, then took about 5 mins of easy running, and then did the final 5 mins of her workout. In total I got in 35mins of snowshoe running yesterday, which was very encouraging.

I still feel weak at times, especially if I try to do too much, but it is so nice knowing that each day will be better than the previous. I know that I still have a long ways to go to get back to my pre-sickness fitness, but it shouldn't take long once I feel 100% healthy again.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see those 20's coming to an end!

    That sun image is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! So happy to hear you are improving every day.
    Stonehaven

    ReplyDelete