Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sept 15 - 21 (2:23)

Mon/15 (:20) Skylites. Legs a little better. Knee still pretty sore.

Tue/16 (:21) Skylites. Easy on Cat E w/Sara. Not fair, Sara is feeling back to normal and increasing her running and I still feel like crap! Knee still pretty tight and sore. Will give it until next week before starting to worry and going to get it checked.

Wed/17 (:21) Skylites. Easy on our grass trail. Feeling a little more energy coming back, but still sluggish. Knee might be a little better.

Thu/18 (:20) Skylites. Easy on grass. Legs a little better, but knee still pretty sore.

Fri/19 (:20) Skylites. Easy on grass. Camping in Adirondacks until Sunday.

Sat/20 (:20) Skylites. Easy run at Heart Lake in Adirondacks. Also hiked for a couple of hours up Mt Jo with Brennan, Heather and Sara. Knee was hurting a bit.

Sun/21 (:21) Skylites. Easy on grass. Knee seemed maybe a little better today.Spent some time massaging it and may have helped. Continuing it ice post run too.

Weekly Total = 2:23
~ Physically I started feeling a little better on Friday. Earlier in the week still felt like I was fighting the flu, but have felt that way since the race so just my body being weak. Nice to be finally feeling a little more normal again. Just amazed that some people were racing the following weekend or two weeks after a 100 miler. I expect that I will recover quicker next time, Knee is the biggest concern now. Pleased with how it felt on Sunday and hope that the next few days it continues to improve further. Good time to take the extra recovery now I suppose, even though I can't stand it.

1 comment:

  1. Not fair, Sara is feeling back to normal and increasing her running and I still feel like crap!"

    Not fair??? You ran 110 km more than me!!

    ReplyDelete