Friday, July 23, 2010

Mosquito Mountain

Ok, here's a random thought...

I've been reading a lot about mountains and mountain climbing lately in anticipation of our trip to Colorado next week. On a completely different topic, we also have a whack of mosquitos at our place (BIG and lots of them!).

Has anyone else ever wondered if mosquitos think of humans the same way that we think about mountains? I mean, they keep coming back and trying their best to conquer us and bite us even though they are probably fully aware of the potential dangers of doing so and getting whacked in the process. Which is not unlike humans trying to climb mountains and sometimes being foiled by the mountain or weather conditions.

I guess the reason I sort of thought about this a bit more recently too was hearing about my sister Deb's recent attempt up Mt Fuji, when she was forced to turn back due to bad weather. Glad you didn't get smucked like a mosquito Deb!

Okay, back to work Derrick!

3 comments:

  1. Hey cool, I'm in your blog!! Maybe there's some poetic justice in the fact that although the summit of Fuji eluded me, I came home from Japan with a nice collection of red bites on my legs - not sure if they were mozzies or something else. Heading out to some Northern Washington mountains tomorrow - armed with Deet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb,

    Maybe those are bedbugs bites as I hear there are lots of them, even in the better hotels. Did you check your luggage to see if any of them hitchhiked home with you?

    Stonehaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....Maybe Deb's problem shouldn't be blamed on the bugs, but more on what she refers to in her journal as 'continually being grubby and looking like slobs'.

    Maybe now that you've been home for a week, it's time for a bath or shower ;)

    ReplyDelete